Thursday, June 16, 2011

Extending horizon and changing perspective

i have extended it too much for my own comfort


I have extended my horizon for my own comfort. Not extending it too much because I love my status quo.

Most of my friends have either moved into another country, got married, well established in what they do. My best buddy is now a mom (a dream come true). Someone just got two interviews for a well-compensated jobs at ADB and IRRI. Someone just bought her 2nd car. Someone is opening her own business line. Where the heck am I? Stuck in my own comfortable but "unchallenging nook".

Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I love what I am doing. I may not have (all) the money to afford a new car and or a new house...as my salary does not even compensate for my vices (photography, traveling, etc.) but I get by. It's just that, I feel like I need to be somewhere else. Did you ever get that feeling wherein you feel like you are not supposed to be where you are? But then again you do not know where you're supposed to be. Crazy shit.

Yesterday, the boss informed me about a foreign travel. "Rayts you will be our official representative for this activity." I smiled ( a formal, casual one). The same smiled I gave him when he told me I will be on a one-week official trip to South Korea.

I've been eyeing to go to this country and I have it in my hand right now. In November, if every thing pushed through, I will be there. Walking between those Great Walls, and if I get lucky, (perhaps) it will be winter when I get there.

I guess somehow, I need to change my perspective. And perhaps see what's ahead.

------


2 comments:

Photo Cache said...

i can relate to your sentiments here today. i am at the same crossroads or cul-de-sac where the status quo is pretty comfortable that half of me wants to stay and the other half wants to leave but don't know where to go.

take lots of photos on your travel. congratulations.

pieterbie said...

That is one great photo!
Congrats with your perspective of an overseas mission.
I can relate to what you are saying but you can never rush things or force them. It does not mean that something is good for your frieds that it is the right thing for you.

Blog Archive

Followers