Thursday, July 8, 2010

How does one express sadness

expressing sadness

Sadness is like a book...

It has the loneliest pages, if you care to look. ~ Unknown

---------

I see it everyday, in almost all forms. Maybe it’s just me, but it’s a different talk whenever I start to feel it. It thrusts through my bone without warning and leaves with nothing but a flicker entreaty.

Words leave me when I feel it. I apprehend the company of anyone if it heightens. Sadness rubs off like a dreaded disease; I try to be in the company of a crowd—strangers I barely know. They will never ask. They will just shrug and accept. Or maybe not.

When it starts to rain, I take it as a cue. A cue to cry in public. Tears and Rain: didn’t I tell you once that it’s the best combination ever? My tears are at their saltiest when I am sad, it balances the triteness of raindrops.

I go to the movie house when I am sad. Alone. Somehow, I am comforted by the darkness of the place. It eases a burgeon. Or so I thought.

Yesterday, I went to see a movie. Eclipse. It was due to lack of a choice. I must admit, I was never a fan so such choice was another thing to be sad about. I sat at the farthest side of the row. Then came two couples. Imagine this: Two cuddling couples in between them was me. What could be better? I was looking at the screen. Bella and Edward were kissing. I have never been so unaffected in my life. I could not feel anything. Then I felt my eyes drooping. I think I slept for a few minutes…then came the attack of the New Born. I pinched my self and tried keeping myself in tact for the rest of movies. I survived.

Then the lights were turned on. And then I saw a familiar face from the office. He was also watching the movie by himself.

I went home sadder then ever.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Followers