Monday, December 6, 2010

Sometimes, you'd wish that the mind would just give up and stop thinking too much

how can i not think of you?

This "sickness" is breaking me into little pieces. I dread closing my eyes. I could not make my mind to hold still. Like an anxious monkey, it keeps on swinging from one tree to the next, from one idea to another from one troubled mind to one more of that kind. Then, just as when I am about to get tired and find some sleep, there goes an awful dream. I usually forget them, but I bring them with me in my morning routine, that awful feeling of being chased by god-knows-what.

-----------

[postscript]

i could tell you names and weave a story out of them. that's how i've developed a keen ear-- by listening to your stories. i do not need notes to write down every detail. i've memorized them by heart. i even knew how and when you said those stories. i hope you've been listening to me as well, listening to my stories. because it would break my heart knowing that this friendship has always been a one-way road.

--------

for the nth time, a puzzle was taught to me, torturingly...

2 comments:

pieterbie said...

I like the way you compare your mind to a monkey.

pieter said...

nicely said

Blog Archive

Followers